Stillman Management Institute
The Stillman Management Institute is designed to meet the educational needs of adult learners who are 25 years and older with 60 semester hours or more of transferable credit. These students are typically working full-time and interested in completing their degree in the evening while continuing to work. The opportunity to attend class one night per week on a year-round basis (18 months) allows an earlier completion of the degree. The educational mission of this program is essentially two-fold. First, it provides continual opportunities for integrating one’s considerable work experience with the concepts of a comprehensive management curriculum. Secondly, it seeks to renew and foster the participant’s professional growth and capabilities in order to prepare for even more productive future years.
Requirements for admission to the Stillman Management Institute are:
• At least 60 transferable semester hours from an accredited college with a grade point average of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or better
• Minimum age of 25
• Completion of the application, and payment of the application fee
• Official transcripts from colleges and universities previously attended.
Credit may be transferred for course work accomplished in residence programs at other accredited institutions. A grade of “C” or better must be earned in the transfer courses. Grade points or their equivalent will not be transferred, only the credit hours. Courses with grades of “C” or better will transfer along with courses earned from a regionally accredited institution. Grades earned in vocational courses or certificate programs will NOT transfer.
To graduate, candidates must satisfy the requirements listed below:
• Complete the 44 semester hours in the major
• Meet the General Education core requirements for the SMI program
• Have a minimum of 5 hours of general electives above the admission requirement
• Have a total of 124 or more semester hours
• Obtain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or above
• Complete a senior thesis research paper and orally present the thesis paper
• Pass a comprehensive senior departmental exit examination