Psi Chi is the Psychology Honors Society. Students interested in Psi Chi should bring an unofficial copy of their transcript to Dr. Jemison or Dr. Hodari for overall grade point average and psychology grade point average verification. Once they have verified your grade point average, you will be able to complete the application. No student should complete the application without approval from either Dr. Jemison or Dr. Hodari. Application information is available at www.psichi.org homepage, bottom right.
You should apply to Psi Chi if you can answer YES to all of these questions:
1. Are you are a Psychology Major?
2. Have you completed three full semesters at Stillman College?
3. Do you have a minimum overall GPA of 3.00 at Stillman College?
4. Do you have a minimum Psychology GPA of 3.00 at Stillman College?
5. Have you completed six (6) Psychology courses (minimum of 24 credit hours)?
Okay, so I meet those criteria. But why should I apply for Psi Chi?
There are many good things about being a Psi Chi member. Let me highlight what I think are the most important reasons: first, it identifies you as serious about the study of Psychology, and shows that you have performed in a superior way in your Psychology courses. It looks good on resumes when you apply for jobs after graduation, or for Psychology graduate school. It is good for networking. And there is typically a fun induction event for all who are able to become members!