Welcome to the Information Technology!
Information Technology provides front line support to faculty, staff and students of Stillman College in a variety of areas. We are the first point of contact for information and technical support on campus.
The mission of the Information Technology Department is to develop and maintain the infrastructure, facilities and services to provide for the effective use of technology systems to best serve students, alumni, faculty and staff within the mission of Stillman.
What we do...
- Maintain computing facilities, including the Student Labs and other public computing facilities, classrooms, and laboratories.
- Maintain the administrative shared database and software.
- Provide a campus-wide data network with access to the Internet and Intranet.
- Provide and maintain servers and application software running on them including e-mail and web pages.
- Provide a Help Desk and answer questions about standard hardware and software for students, faculty, and staff.
- Train the campus community to use standard hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with supported hardware, software, or networks.
- Advise faculty and staff about technology-related projects; recommend appropriate hardware or software solutions within the established purchasing guidelines.
- Create paper and on-line documents for internal use as well as to help campus clients use standard hardware and software.
- Test new versions of supported hardware and software; test hardware and software to determine suitability for campus use.
- Develop IT human resources and maintain high staff productivity.
- Arrange repair of institutional computer hardware by appropriate service providers.
- Monitor technical developments and trends; apply findings to campus technology planning.