2014 ACCELERATED SCHOLARS PROGRAM
In order to promote academic achievement and excellence at the College, the Accelerated Scholars Program is designed to assist students in making the transition from high school to Stillman. The program consists of a rigorous schedule of intensive academic courses, supplemental instruction, skills workshops and self-enrichment activities.
May 25, 2014 – July 3, 2014
Orientation: May 26th
* Bolster the study skills of program participants.
* Help students in the transition from high school to college
* Allow students to develop a peer support network
* Provide students with the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the college environment.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A student must:
* Be a 2014 high school senior accepted to Stillman for the 2014 Fall Semester
* Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.3 or higher (preferred)
* Have an ACT score of 16 or higher or SAT score of 1170 or higher (preferred)
* Be eligible to receive the Federal Pell Grant
A student must:
* Enroll in 7 hours of coursework: ENG 131, MAT 131, and STI 111
* Participate in orientation, classes, workshops, and closing conference
* Hold no employment
* Live in Stillman housing
* Adhere to all Stillman policies and regulations and Accelerated Scholars Program Guidelines
1. Live in campus housing with other participants, staff, and upper class students who will serve as peer counselors and guides during the summer
2. Receive comprehensive orientation to campus and academic requirements
3. Take freshman level or preparatory level classes of up to 7 credit hours (based on placement or college entrance test scores)
4. Receive tutoring sessions, team building activities, study habits, and time management skills
5. Meet key faculty, staff, and administrators
Earn a Freshman Scholarship of up to $3,000 for one year ($1,500 per semester)