Grants and Contracts Administrator
Position Description: Serves as liaison with funding agencies, donors, and principal investigators. Maintains grant files and a master schedule of reporting periods. Reviews, reconciles, and prepares proposed budgets, status reports, and final reports for grants and contracts. Investigates potential non-academic grant opportunities and prepares grant proposals for submission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the accounting functions related to sponsored programs and other restricted accounts
- Investigates potential non-academic grant opportunities and submits grant proposals.
- Assists Principal Investigators in the financial reporting and other administrative requirements of their grants/contracts
- Monitors/tracks the status of each program through its program life cycle
- Reviews budgets for grant proposals
- Monitors expenditures to assure compliance with grant requirements and most efficient use of grant funds
- Review budget expense requisitions to ensure compliance with grant requirements
- Maintains grant files including research regarding budgets and charges
- Meets with principal investigators to discuss and resolve grant related issues
- Corresponds with agencies and donors regarding inquiries about grant provisions
- Prepares, reviews, or directs all accounting entries (transactions and journals) related sponsored programs and restricted funds
- Prepares all applicable fiscal reports for sponsored programs, and contracts and ensure the timely submission thereof
- In charge of preparation, review, and coordination of A-133 Audit work
- Computes, prepares, and submits the annual indirect cost rate. Negotiates the rate with the applicable state/federal agency as necessary
- Assists in closing out fiscal year end books as needed
- Write, update, train and maintain the Grant Accounting Handbook, which will serve as the policies and procedures manual for all program managers over special programs and grants/contracts
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Federal regulations related to sponsored programs at local, state and federal levels.
- Software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles
- Work with minimal supervision
- Interpret federal requirements and grant agency guidelines
- Be an effective member of the Financial Management Team
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Provide training & workshops to all grant stakeholders on how to more efficiently and effectively manage their respective grants in following policy, granting agency guidelines, and all applicable federal regulations related to special programs.
- Write and research funding for grants in financial affairs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintain Confidentiality
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business required preferably in Accounting or Finance. Four years accounting experience, preferably two in non-profit sponsored programs