Director for Human Resources
Reports to the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, and is responsible for the overall functions of benefits, human relations, workers compensation and disability benefits.
3 - 5 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably higher education.
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required.
Masters in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics
Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality and unusual common sense.
Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while being cost-sensitive.
Commitment to continuous learning.
Expert in employment law and employee relations and communication.
Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the College and to the administrative team.
Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in human resources including Microsoft Office suite of products, file management, and benefits administration.
Guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the College, including workforce planning; recruiting; hiring; training and development; performance planning, management, and improvement, and succession planning.
Oversee employment law compliance and compliance with regulatory concerns.
Demonstrated proficiency in policy development, documentation, and implementation.
Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
Analysis of the effectiveness of all human resources efforts.
Interested applicants should forward a resume, copies of transcripts, three letters of references to the following:
(Original transcripts will be required if offered employment)
P.O. Box 1430
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
or send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director for Plant Operations and Logistics
Reports to the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, and is responsible for the overall oversight of college property, including supervision and maintenance of the physical plant.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the performances of supervisors of operations, grounds and housekeeping.
- Overseeing the use and conservation of energy.
- Employing and supervision of outside contractors.
- Overseeing the use and maintenance of college vehicles.
- Insuring proper functioning of campus systems, i.e. power and climate controls.
- Maintaining an inventory of college’s physical assets.
- Insuring compliance with risk management requirements of the insurance carrier.
- Insuring proper maintenance of auxiliary houses, apartments, and property.
- Employing and training relevant personnel.
- Insuring set-up for all campus events.
- Assume all other duties assigned by the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs
- 3 to 5 years of progressive management experience in Physical Plant preferred.
- Be skilled in areas or HVAC, carpentry, or plumbing is preferred
Interested applicants should forward a completed application, copies of transcripts; and three letters of references to: Human Resources, Stillman College, P.O. Box 1430, Tuscaloosa, AL 35403 or send via email to: email@example.com